Explain this in detail in the form of a story:
1. Wendie Malick is an actress and former fashion model.
2. She is known for her roles in many TV comedies such as Dream On, Just Shoot Me!, Hot in Cleveland, and Baywatch.
3. She has also been in many movies, such as Scrooged, The American President, Racing Stripes, and Confessions of a Shopaholic.
4. She was born in Buffalo, New York and graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University.
5. She began her career in 1982 and has done many TV shows, movies, and voice acting.
6. She has won various awards, such as two Primetime Emmy nominations and a Screen Actors Guild Award.
7. She is an active philanthropist, supporting various causes such as animal rights, environmental protection, and education.