Explain this in detail in the form of a story:
1. Jalen Brunson is a professional basketball player who currently plays for the New York Knicks in the NBA.
2. He was a top point guard in high school and won the Illinois Gatorade Player of the Year award.
3. He won two national championships in college and was the National Player of the Year as a junior.
4. He was selected to the
Bob Cousy Award preseason watchlist and was named the Big East Conference Preseason Freshman of the Year.
5. He was drafted by the Dallas Mavericks in 2018 and was named college basketball player of the decade by Sporting News in 2019.
6. He has set a record for the most assists in a game and won a gold medal.
7. He won MVP of a tournament and was recognized as the USA Basketball Male Athlete of the Year.