Explain this in detail in the form of a story:
1. David L. Lander was an actor and comedian best known for playing Andrew “Squiggy” Squiggman in the TV show Laverne.
2. He was born in Brooklyn, New York in 1947.
3. He began his career in the 1970s appearing in various television shows, films, and commercials.
4. He was also a writer, producer, and director.
5. He was a member of the Screen Actors Guild, the Writers Guild of America, and the Directors Guild of America.
6. He was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 1984 and became an advocate for those with the disease.
7. He passed away in December 2020 at the age of 73.